- 1000g of Beef Tenderloin filet mignon
- Dash of coarse salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- a sprig of rosemary
- 100g of butter
Follow the recipe or watch the video
First of all, monitor your TEMPERATURE
Cooking a fine piece of meat like beef tenderloin requires precision to achieve the result your are looking for, it’s important to cook it to an accurate temperature. I personally prefer my beef tenderloin medium-rare at medium-rare this roast will have the ideal level of tenderness (55 C or 130 F at the thickest part of the meat).
Slices towards the ends of the roast will be cooked to medium or medium well, while the center remains a perfect medium rare. My wife and kids prefer medium well so done-ness is a matter of taste so let's not be judgmental here. Using a meat thermometer for accuracy is recommended although for the more experienced feel and touch can do the trick.
Gather the ingredients.
Season the meat to your liking pepper, salt,
Preheat oven to 230 degrees C (450 F) .
pour some olive oil in a pan. Sear the roast in the pan at medium heat on all 6 sides until browned, about 2mn per side.
- Transfer to a roasting pan and roast in the preheated oven until desired done-ness is reached, 55C or 130F degrees for medium-rare, about 25-30 minutes. Let meat rest, covered loosely with aluminum foil (optional), for 10 minutes before serving.
Garlic Brown Butter
- While meat is resting melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Once butter melts, add in garlic cloves. Continue to cook over medium heat until butter begins to bubble and foam, stirring constantly. The color of the butter will begin to change. As soon as it gets close to reaching a dark golden brown, remove from heat. Adding some smoked lardon (skin on) will add more taste and texture to the sauce (optional), a dash of bourbon will add even more taste without overshadowing the star of the plate (optional) .
Slice the roast into slices and drizzle with brown butter. Serve immediately.