Occitan Roasted Lamb Chump (rump)
I will be hard for your guests to resist this boneless lamb rump with heaps of Provençale fragrance.
List of Ingredients you will need.
- 125ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 15g rosemary leaves chopped
- 15g of thyme
- 500g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
- 500g green beans, trimmed
- 50g of black olive (pitted and chopped)
- salt and pepper
- 450g x2 lamb Chump
Steps to make it
- Score the fat with a sharp knife
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Heat 5cc oil in frypan over high heat. Frying the lamb skin-side after seasoning it ( salt, pepper and add a sprig of thyme) for about 6min is important to seal the meat, give the roast that lovely golden, impart flavor and most importantly it will render the fat and make it crispy.
Rub herbs over lamb, placing remainder on a baking tray. Top with lamb, skin-side up, and place tomato around lamb. Drizzle with remaining 100ml oil and season. Roast for 20-25 minutes for medium or until cooked to your liking. Rest, loosely covered with foil, for 5 minutes.
Blanch the beans in boiling salted water for 30 seconds, drain and deep in icy water to keep that vibrant green color. Chop the beans , transfer to a recipient with chopped olives. Drizzle with the lemon juice and oil, season and mix.
- Cut lamb to desired size, serve with beans, olives and roasted tomatoes.
- Volan Rabary