- 1 (3- to 4-pound) 1.2-1.8kg beef tenderloin roast (trimmed)
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried leaf thyme
- 2 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf tarragon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Gather the ingredients.
Heat oven to 400 F.
Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan.
Combine the rosemary, thyme, garlic, nutmeg, allspice, salt, tarragon, pepper, and mustard. Rub the mixture all over the roast.
Roast for 45 to 55 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer registers about 145 F when inserted into the thickest part of the roast.
Remove from the oven, tent loosely with foil, and let the roast rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
Slice and serve with your choice of sides.