Here is the answer: how to get your block meat ready
Best for all block meats at Whole Meat!
Thick meat is said to be best grilled in a frying pan on a high flame, but we would not really recommend this. Meat starts to get hard at around 70°C since it loses protein and meat juice which leads to a loss of taste and juiciness.
The best way to prepare is: check the temperature regularly and only grill it on high flame at the very last.
A massive 1kg meat block is kind of difficult to get done to the core, therefore you should use an oven instead of a frying pan. The rule is: grill it gently, put it into the oven, wrap it in aluminum foil and let it rest, and then grill again to get a nice crust.
1) Bring the meat back to room temperature (after thawing properly)
2) Heat up your oven to 130C
3) Season it (salt and pepper, or use our steak spice)
4) Grill the meat with some oil until it gains color (don’t overcook)
*Keep your frying pan for later use
5) Put the meat into the oven for 40 to 50min
6) Check the temperature (you can use our thermometer)
Rare = 42C°
Medium = 45C°
Well done = 50C°
7) Wrap it in aluminum foil for about 40min
8) Put it back into your frying pan and grill it in high flame till it gets a nice and tasty color
Recipe by Minako
- Hana S.